Sunday, June 21, 2009

Healing

I'll admit it. I can be a little bitter sometimes. I can even be a little angry, or envious. I can be a little depressed or sad. Hell, I can be a LOT sad. That comes with the territory when your dream dies. When your children suffer daily from a terrible disorder, and you feel helpless to ease their pain. I'll admit it is sometimes very, very hard.

Then they smile and I smile. And then they laugh and I laugh. Then I remember, again, that I have a responsibility to them to be their mom and set an example of love and healing. I remember that I become what I focus on. I remember that I am the primary avenue through which my kids experience love, healing, and acceptance. I could write a million words on my emotional response to autism....but I wont. Today, I have no time for that. There's far too much healing to do, for all of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment