Thursday, November 12, 2009

Learning How to Live

It's been forever since I updated my blog...I know. And thanks for the nudge, Aunt Barb. :-) To be honest I have so much to say right now and no interest in saying it. Maybe the times not right. Maybe I just need to get started. It's been a time of adjustment for me, big time. Wrapped up in a flurry of changes, good and bad. My sister sent me one of those little facebook messages the other day. It said something like "never stop learning how to live". I like that. I've been working a lot at the middle school this fall. It's fun to watch the kids there. Some of them seem to have it all together with their 4.0 GPA and their neatly trimmed hair. Some of them remind me more of myself at that age, awkward and clueless. Sometimes I'm walking down the hall and I flashback to my middle school days and see the face of someone I knew back then, just as they were. It makes me smile. I enjoy watching the 6th graders at lunch happily conversing with each other, and then two lunch periods later the 8th graders, who have purposefully arranged themselves in cliques according to their perceived self worth or something like that. Strangely, that makes me smile too. The kids are doing the same thing that I'm doing right now. Learning how to live. Learning how to show up to school with mismatched socks and decide if that was intentional or not and if they even care. (For the record, if I have on mismatched socks it's because I didn't do the laundry AND I don't care). I'm not going to end this post with a profound statement, because I don't have one. I'm just going to say thanks for reading, and enjoy your day! I am enjoying mine.

1 comment: